Saturday, April 24, 2010

CPSIA - I Will Appear as a Witness in Thursday's House Hearing on CPSIA

I have been invited to appear as a witness at Thursday's hearing before the House Committee on Energy and Commerce's Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection. The hearing on the "Consumer Product Safety Enhancement Act of 2010" (the Waxman Amendment 2.0 in its latest form) will take place at 10 AM EST on Thursday, April 29 at 2322 Rayburn House Office Building.

The hearing will be streamed live, but I don't have the link to give you yet. You may be able to find it at this link on Thursday or on the home page of the committee. I will try to get the link posted in my blog before showtime.

I intend to tell my story and your story to the committee and look forward to exploring the bedeviling issues of the CPSIA in the open air. If you have any ideas or suggestions for my testimony, please feel free to share them here, or send me an email. Thanks.

6 comments:

Therrin (Ben S) said...

Put me in the pool for cancellation announcement on Tuesday, April 27th at 4:45pm Eastern.

Rick Woldenberg, Chairman - Learning Resources Inc. said...

Comedian!

Anonymous said...

Yay!
Thanks for all you do, Rick!

Sebastian said...

I've sometimes wondered about how many items are for sale at the Congress and White House visitors' centers that fall under CPSIA.
Good to hear that they are finally willing to listen to input that doesn't come from a faux customer group (they certainly don't represent my needs).

I won't join the pool, but I think that most of the committee members will have their presence required elsewhere during your testimony.

Anonymous said...

Kick some butt! Take the NYT article from Sunday and/or your blog and read word for word. Enough said!

Anonymous said...

Your Blog of the last 2 years should be required reading for all participants prior to the hearing.