Monday, April 11, 2011

CPSIA - Comment to My Blogpost

I received this comment on my recent blog on lead:

"I am a victim of lead poisoning.

In one of Dana Bests written testimonies to Congress she suggests that the lead limit should be 40 parts per million, half of the 80 parts per million level at which a child loses 1/2 an IQ point. Given that she made no mention of blood levels or absorbability she seems to imply that 80 ppm in substrate = loss of 1/2 point of IQ.

Give these facts I can calculate my lost IQ. I was born with an IQ of approximately 6,350.

You see, as a child I played with solid lead toy soldiers. I started fishing at a young age and handled lead fishing weights frequently. I helped my dad make large fishing weights for bottom fishing with melted lead. Worst of all I clamped lead split shot onto fishing line with my teeth.

It's tragic really, the loss of over 6,000 IQ points. I could have solved world hunger. I could have unified relativity and quantum mechanics. Instead I'm just a normal IT guy.

Dana Best, with the help of her special calculator, is about to usher in a new age of soaring IQs. Soon we will all live forever and never get sick.

But this may never happen if we don't hold a righteous fear of lead in our heart.

Vote Democrat - BE AFRAID."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In addition to having a special calculator, Dana Best has an uncanny ability to determine the percentage of children that lick bicycles - almost magical it would seem.

I certainly know, having recently gone through the "bicycle licking years" with my daughter, what a problem it was for us.

And whenever my wife and I got together with other parents the subject of bicycle licking would invariably come up.

So when Dana Best applies her Special Calculator to her Magical Numbers, I tend to believe her.

And I look forward to living forever as well.

Anonymous said...

"Dana Best has an uncanny ability to determine the percentage of children that lick bicycles - almost magical it would seem"

Obviously she has a special hat as well as a special calculator. It's a powerful combo.

Got nonsense?