Monday, December 7, 2009

CPSIA - The Lighter Side

On an evening when I find myself particularly humorless, these articles helped me regain some needed perspective:

"Claus in Crisis", the story of Santa's mounting regulatory problems. High time that our government stepped up to save us from endangerment by Santa. How did it take this long?

"Let the Toy Paranoia Begin", a column written by the witty Ryn Gargulinski in which she expresses some "skepticism" over the need to recall shoes with lead in their soles. This person needs some re-education - right, Center for Environmental Health? You alone know what's best for all of us!

I hope someday that these parodies are more than a source of laughs. It's healthy to laugh at ourselves, but the truth lurks just beneath the surface. This used to be our country - when will we rise up and take it back?

My suggestion: November 2, 2010.

No comments: