Thursday, September 3, 2009

CPSIA - Your Vote Really Matters

I need your help figuring something out. I was thinking about lucky Mattel and its seven certified internal testing labs. Since safety test reports are not the same thing as safety itself, I believe it is likely that some items tested in the Mattel proprietary labs will someday be recalled. Who knows how many, but given the volume produced by Mattel, I assume some will be recalled for whatever reason.

If a Mattel item tested by a Mattel lab is recalled, how many penalties should the CPSC assess?

One for Mattel the maker?

Two, one for Mattel the maker and one for Mattel the lab?

Three, one for Mattel the maker, one for Mattel the lab, one for good measure just to show we mean business?

Four, one for Mattel the maker, one for Mattel the lab, one for good luck and one for the CPSC for making all this possible?

I can't decide and the penalties guidelines tome recently released by the CPSC provides few definitive clues. So I need you to let me know your opinion. How many penalties will the CPSC whack Mattel with? I can picture the CPSC press release now. I only hope I am still blogging at that time. . . .

No comments: